21 Aug Stripping Back Invoice Factoring & Invoice Discounting – Business Briefcase Podcast #3
Listen to our interview with Leigh Dunsford and Simon Creighton from Loandesk.
THIS PODCAST FEATURES:
This is quite a large topic and we will be covering this over two episodes.
> Stripping back to the basics, what is invoice factoring?
> How old is it (4,000 year old Mesopotamia Culture, around the time of the pyramids), what are the moving parts essentially, client, customer, financier, invoice, purchase order, payment.
Three types of facilities that typically exist in Australia
1. Spot invoice factoring
2. Debtor Finance – both partial and all of turn over
3. Invoice Discounting
> Typical types of situations that you would use factoring? How much money can you access typical size facilities.
> Why it’s a good option over traditional forms of finance? No property, grows with the business etc.
> How do you know if you qualify? What do you need to have, what industries find it hard to get factoring in place?
> What do lenders really want to see? Do they really care about your financial history? Interested in your customer quality and spread of risk.
> What does it mean for your business letting in a factor? Do they take over your accounts receivable etc Extra administration if you don’t keep on top of the paperwork.
Next podcast coming up – Part 2 of invoice factoring
What is the true costs of these facilities and how do lenders really think etc. we’ll discuss the nuts and bolts of what lenders call concentration, dilution, advance rates, discuss fraud, how lenders recover from defaulting clients and all the good stuff that you can’t learn from flashy marketing that lenders use. Listen to it here….
- Growth Of Australian Online Business Lending Continues - July 15, 2015
- Why Do You Hate Invoice Factoring? Lessons From A Bad Borrower - July 3, 2015
- Here Comes The Online Business Lending Stampede - May 19, 2015
- Top 5 “Need-To-Knows” Before Taking A Short Term Loan - May 11, 2015
- Fixed Term Loan Vs. Line of Credit: Can I have both? - May 6, 2015
- What Is APR & Are There Any Catches To Pricing Up A Business Loan? - April 17, 2015
- How To Qualify For A Secret Invoice Factoring Facility - March 16, 2015
- How To Access Business Loans To Pay Out Tax Debts - March 4, 2015
- Why Raising Capital For Your Business Could Be Damaging - March 3, 2015
- Loan Loading: Should Your Business Take On Multiple Loans? - March 3, 2015